Cartersville, GA; September 10, 2015: Feria Latina de Salud y Recursos, a health and resource fair especially for the area’s Latino population, is scheduled for Sunday, September 20 from 10:00am until 4:00pm at Cartersville Civic Center.
Presented by Bartow Hispanic Center, who’s fiscal sponsor is The Fund for Philanthropy, and Cartersville Medical Center, the Latin Health & Resource Fair is free of charge and will include valuable health screenings — including blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol testing — as well as dental and vision screenings and helpful resource information from area organizations.
“From childcare and insurance to nutrition and education questions, we will have experts available to speak with attendees and provide guidance,” said Annabel Rodriguez-Romero, event organizer. “We believe this may be the first event of its kind in our area targeted to the Latino community and we’ve been overwhelmed with the number of organizations who have committed support to the event.”
The health fair portion of the day will begin at 10:00am and end at 2:00pm. During this time, participants will also be entertained by Grupo Mayagarifuna, Zumba by Michelle Trudeau, Dance Brasil Company and DJ Don Julio. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from Tarascos Tacos & Wings, Fruit from Eduardo Quintana, Kona Ice and Bartow Hispanic Center. Onsite interpreters will be provided by Language Link.
At 2:00pm, St. Francis Catholic Church will present a “nationality parade” followed by door prizes at 3:00pm.
Organizations represented and services provided:
- Cartersville Medical Center: Free blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol screenings; breast health and cancer prevention information.
- Cartersville Dental Group: Free dental screenings
- Northwest Georgia Regional Cancer Coalition: Cancer prevention information
- WalMart Vision Center: Free vision screenings
- Knew Choice, Inc.: AIDS information
- Back 2 Life Wellness Studio: Chiropractic/Massage
- Daniel Ahart Tax Service: Tax/Accounting information
- Rollins Child Development Center: Childcare information
- Latin American Association: Community resources
- Youth Challenge Program: Army recruitment information
- Cansino Blanchette Law Firm: Immigration assistance
- Bartow Family Resources: Family services information
- MUST Ministries: OSHA/Handwashing information
- Georgia Highlands College: Latin Club
- BDHDD (Cecilia Dessert)
- GLADV/Ser Familia: Domestic Violence information
- El Nuevo Georgia: Newspaper
- Amerigroup: Health insurance
- Tallatoona CAP: Grant information/GED
- La Iglesia/Tupperware: Church & Tupperware for sale
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield: Insurance
- NutriDalton/NutriSkin: Nutritionist & Healthy eating information
- Skin Cancer & Cosmetic Dermatology Center
- Alzheimer’s Association, Georgia Chapter
- Georgia Migrant Education Program
- Chattahoochee Technical College
For more information about the Latin Health & Resource Fair, please contact Annabel Rodriguez-Romero at (404) 345-2409.