- Emergency Services
For people who find themselves faced with an emergency healthcare situation, your needs are the top priority for Cartersville Medical Center’s Emergency Department staff. Our modern, 18-bed emergency center provides a high level of acute care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are prepared and trained for a wide variety of medical conditions. Almost 50,000 patients come to us for their emergency needs each year.
The Emergency Department at Cartersville Medical Center includes:
- Rapid assessments of patients with heart attack symptoms as well as the latest in heart care including clot-busting agents
- Rapid assessments of cardiac disease and trauma
- An Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Expert treatment for patients of all ages, from children to older adults
- Convenient bedside registration to reduce wait times
- A "Fast Track" service to treat minor injuries or illnesses
- Highly trained and skilled medical staff, including board-certified emergency physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, physician’s assistants, and consulting physicians representing numerous medical specialties
- A helipad for air ambulances
Related Health Content
Navigating the System: When You're Uninsured
The Patient Bill of Rights: Your Right to Respect and Good Care
The Hard Facts About Softball Injuries
Epiglottitis is severe swelling of the epiglottis. The epiglottis is a flap-like tissue located in the throat. During swallowing, the epiglottis folds over the windpipe and vocal chords to prevent food and liquids from entering the lungs. Swelling can quickly seal off a person’s airway and make brea ...