Cardiovascular Services at Cartersville Medical Center was designed to give patients comprehensive cardiac care, with the convenience and peace of mind of a community hospital setting. Our Cardiac Cath Lab features the latest equipment and technology, bringing cutting edge medicine to the communities in Bartow and surrounding counties. Our team is highly trained and dedicated to serving the needs of our growing community. We understand that being tested or treated for cardiac or vascular conditions can be stressful for patients and their families. That's why we think it's important to offer care in an advanced, compassionate setting close to home.
The Cardiovascular Services department at Cartersville Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center and offers an impressive array of cardiac services, including:
- Cardiac Calcium Scoring
- Cardiac Cath (inpatient and outpatient)
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- IABP Insertion
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Cardiac Tilt Table Testing
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Echocardiography with Doppler and Color Flow
- Stress Echocardiography
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Event Monitoring
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Nuclear and Non-nuclear Stress Testing
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Hospitals that have received Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) accreditation have achieved a higher level of expertise in dealing with patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack. They emphasize the importance of standardized diagnostic and treatment programs that provide more efficient and effective evaluation as well as more appropriate and rapid treatment of patients with chest pain and other heart attack symptoms. They also serve as a point of entry into the healthcare system to evaluate and treat other medical problems, and they help to promote a healthier lifestyle in an attempt to reduce the risk factors for heart attack.
To become an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Cartersville Medical Center engaged in rigorous evaluation by SCPC for its ability to assess, diagnose, and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack. To the community served by Cartersville Medical Center, this means that processes are in place that meet strict criteria aimed at:
- Reducing the time from onset of symptoms to diagnosis and treatment
- Treating patients more quickly during the critical window of time when the integrity of the heart muscle can be preserved
- Monitoring patients when it is not certain that they are having a heart attack to ensure that they are not sent home too quickly or needlessly admitted to the hospital
Cardiovascular Services at Cartersville Medical Center encompasses the entire continuum of care for the heart patient and includes such focal points as dispatch, Emergency Medical Services, emergency department, cath lab, quality assurance, and community outreach programs. By becoming an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Cartersville Medical Center has enhanced the quality of care for the cardiac patient and has demonstrated its commitment to higher standards.